• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Braid hook link

Ian Murfin

I need to get more braid hook link and just wondered if any one had any recommendations? I'm looking for something uncoated. I've been using Gardner which has been OK but just wondering if there are better options out there.

For £15 you could get 135m of Powerpro Super Slick 8 which would last you for years and years as hooklink. I'll use Drennan micro-braid ... it doesn't appear to be very 'fashionable', but the range of breaking strains is great, and I've never had a problem with it.

For £15 you could get 135m of Powerpro Super Slick 8 which would last you for years and years as hooklink. I'll use Drennan micro-braid ... it doesn't appear to be very 'fashionable', but the range of breaking strains is great, and I've never had a problem with it.
Any issues with it tangling on the mainline or round the lead or feeder

I use the Kevlar Braid from Bank Tackle and at under £7 for 20m it is cheaper than a lot of options from the bigger brands and with free (and very fast) delivery its hard to go wrong. It only comes in 25lb BS though so it may or may not be what you are looking for.

I’ve always rated kryston mantis dark. It’s coated, but you can strip it back. Since my gear got nicked (all of it) I’ve been buying bits and pieces. I haven’t replaced the mantis, but I grabbed some drennan stuff for a few quid and it’s not bad at all. In gravel colour.

Back