• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boots Again

Stephen Scaysbrook

Sorry but I'm in need of some help once again.
Are the Skeetex Field Boots as warm as the Skeetex Thermal boots. :rolleyes:
Thanks in advance.

I can only second Stephen's comment.Have only had mine a few weeks,fortunately just before the snow arrived,and have been well pleased with them.Warm,good grip,easy to walk in,just remember to buy them one size larger than you would normally choose.As stated on another thread regarding the Skee Texs,I take a 9 and tried on that size but found them far too narrow,whereas the 10/11 fiitted a treat.
Hope this helps.

Pete.

Scaz

I recently bought a pair of the Muck Boot Tay Sports as I suffer from very cold feet, they were good with a single pair of normal socks but are fantastically warm with thermal socks and have great grip and support for walking in. Very happy I bought these.

Cheers
Jas

I recently bought a pair of the Skeetex field boots from a fellow BFW poster [ thanks Danny ] . Tried them out today , 4 hours in sub zero temperatures and they were fine , no cold toes, which have been a problem for me in severe winter conditions , definetly a thumbs up . :)

Last edited:
I have both mate and the thermal moon boot are warmer although the field boot are great for roving around:D

I always thought the fairies made your clothes and footwear?

How's Panto going this year fella?

Is Snow White as fit as last year?

Regards,
Daz.

Last edited:
I recently bought a pair of the Skeetex field boots from a fellow BFW poster [ thanks Danny ] . Tried them out today , 4 hours in sub zero temperatures and they were fine , no cold toes, which have been a problem for me in severe winter conditions , definetly a thumbs up . :)

Glad you liked the boots Mike. I treated myself to a pair of Tay Sports for fishing but the only prob I cant get out to try them,unless you call clearing the snow outside my house a trial run:)

Bought a pair of Skeetex field boots about 12 years ago. Didn't get on with them at all. Pants. Couldn't even walk in them properly. Muckboots are FAR superior and warmer in my most humble opinion. Maybe i have weird feet?
Regards,
Jeff

Have to agree the muck boots are brilliant ( must buy my own one day:D )
No panto this year daz but i have heard they need a wookie for the next star wars movie, give em a bell mate :D.

Hi all-I don't know anything about the Skeetex boots but my Muck boots are great for sloshing around in the mud in Autumn and Spring and with layered socks are great for Winter too but nothing comes close to the Sorels mentioned above-I have had a pair for nearly 10 years and have used them in Canada and Lapland in temps down to minus 22 c and they have been fantastic and as they are a boot not a welly, footing is more confident and mine seem indestructible.

The Rolls Royce option are the Baffins
http://www.sub-zeroclothes.com/baffin-boots-outback-boot.html
reviewed on BFW
https://barbel.co.uk/site/reviews/baffinboots/baffinboots.htm

Cost = about 4 hours guiding with Matt Hayes.

Regards,

Mark.

I bought a pair of Baffin boots in October. They are a higher topped version of the outback and I was lucky enough to get them from the American amazon for £75 inc delivery. The outback now available looks a bit different. Anyway, I have only used them for fishing once and it was mild compared with recent times but they did stand up to the mud well. I have also used them quite a few times walking to work in the snow. They are very warm, according to the leaflet rated down to -30. The new versions are rated down to -40 I believe and can be bought from Leslies for £125.

Back