• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Books on float fishing

Daniel Earl

Senior Member & Supporter
Evening all,

I am getting ready for a nice Christmas break and looking for a couple of new books to get into on float fishing.

I am a very poor float fisherman but am very very fond of it, and watching that float intently whilst thinking of nothing else is time well spent for me.

But I would like to read some nice books on the matter - river or still water related informational and informative rather than the journeys of an angling more an idiot guide to …

Dan

John Wilsons coarse fishing manual is a lot of book for little cost....

Here's an example on ebay right now...

There are lots more for sale, that was the cheapest I could see. I have no odea how they can even send the book for that price!

John Wilsons coarse fishing manual is a lot of book for little cost....

Here's an example on ebay right now...

There are lots more for sale, that was the cheapest I could see. I have no odea how they can even send the book for that price!
Being laid up recently I read the above JW book and it's float fishing contents. It's a pretty decent read and quiet iconic book to own. I have another of his on species and baits again a informative read.
Being a fan of JW growing up as boy and watching his series inspired me an and many other I'm sure of that. Strett pegging is an interesting method he uses for all species on nearly all venues. I used it exclusively a few years back on some smaller carp waters. Again took me right back to my childhood free lining a flat with it laid flat on the surface 😃

Bit late now but Ivan Marks on Float fishing. Old book but great pedigree. I watched him once fishing at Longleat. Top angler and top bloke. Should be able to pick one up.

Back