• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Blogs......

good read, video of the otter killing the heron, well heron would still be alive, if it didnt get greedy, otter was just defending its food, its called life

Maybe the heron was trying to get fish from the only place left after the lovely cute otter had munched all the others , sorry but whatever you think of them when there is no predator to take them out it will only end one way no fish and otters dying of starvation nature usually finds a balance but with everything else going on that wont happen

There's a story going around Norfolk at the moment that is sort of amusing. Allegedly Robin Buxton, the owner of Horsey Mere was walking around the broad with a party from Natural England, etc, when an otter ran across the footpath in front of them dragging a bitten by the throat. I'm not sure how many pairs of breeding bitten there are in the UK, but it isn't many and it highly possible that there are even less now?

There's a story going around Norfolk at the moment that is sort of amusing. Allegedly Robin Buxton, the owner of Horsey Mere was walking around the broad with a party from Natural England, etc, when an otter ran across the footpath in front of them dragging a bitten by the throat. I'm not sure how many pairs of breeding bitten there are in the UK, but it isn't many and it highly possible that there are even less now?

Just heard the tale on my local fishery. It would seem to have spread well from Norfolk.;)

I heard one Otter took out a great Bustard last year also, moreendangered than a Bittern.
however it was word of mouth also.

Also word of mouth, but 1st hand. A friend of mine was pike fishing on Hickling Broad recently when he struck into a run only to have whatever had picked up his bait shoot off into the reeds. Following it in his dinghy, eventually he found his line running over the marshes and disappearing into a hole! Is fishing for otters legal?

Also word of mouth, but 1st hand. A friend of mine was pike fishing on Hickling Broad recently when he struck into a run only to have whatever had picked up his bait shoot off into the reeds. Following it in his dinghy, eventually he found his line running over the marshes and disappearing into a hole! Is fishing for otters legal?

Hellfire Chris, we will get a 'what best rod for otters' thread now :p

Cheers, Dave.

Back