• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Big day in the Frances household

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
After sitting through an 8 hour bite-less session on his first proper babel fishing trip, I was surprised when Dan (my boy) asked if we could go again...

I'm pleased to say that the second trip has resulted in a new member of the barbel club and hopefully a life-long barbel angler.

Dan's best on the day was 9lb 4oz (jammy little so-an-so). Unfortunately every photo I took makes it look smaller than the others he caught! Need to start holding them out son...

Well done little chap, now, can I have my rod back...?

Well done Dan, Andy, I can remember the elation when eldest son caught his first Barbel on the Bristol Avon, that's it your weekends will be fully booked now..;)

It was well worth logging-in again, after a break, to see the 2 photographs and unique facial expressions of young Dan! Well done father & son, I do hope it has been the birth of a long, long admiration of the 'Prince of The River' and I'm sure it will be, looking again at that visage, Mike.

It was well worth logging-in again, after a break, to see the 2 photographs and unique facial expressions of young Dan! Well done father & son, I do hope it has been the birth of a long, long admiration of the 'Prince of The River' and I'm sure it will be, looking again at that visage, Mike.

Thanks Mike, it was a very special day. Half term next week so we're hoping to get back out again...

Back