• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bewdley Bridge

Trevor Summerfield

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi guys, is Bewdley Bridge functional at the moment? can it be used from both sides of the river, one-way traffic, or fully open? TIA

Trevor I was there the week before the one just gone (if you see what I mean!). It's a major operation there and I doubt very much if there's been any change. It was access east to west only ( Bewdley to Highley) but west to east you need to go over Stourport bridge and round. If I were you I'd phone Bewdley tackle shop.

Guys, download an app on your mobile called " WAZE " bang up to date, and will tell you the best route/s to your destination. Road closures, diversions, speed traps, average speed cams, police sitting off, etc, etc. Even potholes, 👍

Love the Waze app. It sends you on some proper random routes when the traffic is heavy but always the quickest way. I remember a couple of years back the motorway was shut so everyone was taking the back roads. We got to one point down this country lane where it goes to one car width and was gridlocked as cars coming both ways and the Waze was telling me to turn left into what looked like someone’s drive. Took it anyway and it brought me out the other side of the gridlocked traffic. I’d have been sat there hours without it

I don't know Jon. I just followed the diversion signs and the directions on Google maps. Not from the area. 🙂
Iv not been into bewdley for a bit so unsure what direction the bridge is closed but know you can cross the river on the bypass and assume you can enter the town from the top somewhere or exit the town at the top and come back down the bypass

I’m guessing they’ve got the diversion up to stourport as that would be the easiest route for any lorries that need to get into town

Back