• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best net for "Rovin n Rollin" ?

Am a big fan of this method but have always struggled to find a decent strap-on/shoulder sling net - ideally with a degree of "extendibility".
I tend to use a flyfishing net with a belt clip but in reality its not big enough.

Was a great threat recently on rolling but made no reference to nets.

Ray used to recommend an adapted Whitlock but i gather these are no longer obtainable ?

Please can anybody recommend a favourite or best alternative sliing/clip on net for roving ?

Hi there Paul,
If you get in touch with Davis Tackle in Christchurch, 01202 485169, and talk to Nigel I am pretty sure he can supply a 'Whitlock' net
Andrew Johnson

The Mclean salmon nets will do a good job, probably the smaller size would be big enough, unless you want to use it for pike aswell, or you are fishing for monster barbel! The large one will deal with a 30lb+ salmon,.
peter

I have been using a this one made by Abu; http://www.tigrafishingtackle.com/index.php/landing-nets/view-all-products.html
A well built, light, strong landing net. I generally use a Korum net, but the brass threads have worn so much over just a season, that it rattles within the landing net handles screw thread, i like the net, but i am in the process of getting a new thread replaced. Monkey metal springs to mind.
Over the past 3 months i cannot fault the Abu net yet, which IMO is suitable for roving.

Back