• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Berkley Whiplash

Kev Whitcombe

Hi all, Been using whiplash for many years now, but my local tackle shop has no stock and won't have for a while, i need some pretty pronto so looking for a decent on line source, reliable and a reasonable price.
I want it in green and in 30lb,
Or if anyone has some for sale ?

You tried veals as i have got some from there before.
Andy

Been using the whiplash for years now, but the last couple sessions(cause i ran out on one rod) ive been using mono on one rod and braid on the other..... Three bites on mono=missed every one (felt like striking with elastic line)
One bite on braid= one barbel in the net:D

So from this i can only assume my rigs a ****.. lol:rolleyes:,

seriously though, it does make me see the reassons why i will be sticking to whiplash

A cautionary note, whiplash is massively overstated in BS, try testing it, if you can get even half stated BS you,ve done well!!!!!
Tried it when it first came out, handles nice, soft and very thin, but tends to bed in on the reel spool, not for any big chucks with a big lead, heavy lure! Had problems on both fixed spool and multipliers.
Each to his/her own, but be warned!
Peter

Peter, i accept its not for everyone, and we are all entitled to our own opinion, but my opinion would be the total opposite to yours, i've used it for about 10 years now and i have to say its the best line/braid ive used by far.. with no exceptions:D. Ive never had the cause to try its actual breaking weight, far from it, i dont think the stuff ive been using will break at half the states strain...

Just a thought, i did hear from somewhere a fair few years back now that there were 'rogue' braids out there being branded as other 'better' and well known braids. ??

2 rods now Kev? scratching my chin! Your rigs should hook em even with a slack line.
Braid is good stuff, if only everybody would use it properly to minimise potential damage.

Hi all, Been using whiplash for many years now, but my local tackle shop has no stock and won't have for a while, i need some pretty pronto so looking for a decent on line source, reliable and a reasonable price.
I want it in green and in 30lb,
Or if anyone has some for sale ?

Try PowerPro - can't beat it

Hi Kev,
like you i support the same team and have been using Whiplash for many years with no problem at all, if it's used right with the proper rod its magic.
I also use mono, which at times i find an absolute nightmare when line twist appears, just to name a few, fox soft steel, shimano technium tribal, gr60, drennen, isn't it about time the manufactures produced a line that does not twist, i spool the line as per the makers instructions and still it occurs.
If you go on the web and check out how the experts respool you will find so many different ways on how it is done and they actually contradict one another.
To get rid of some of the line twist i use a spin doctor and also run my line out in fast flowing water.
All my reels are shimano, and i do not use baitrunners, my clutch does not ever slip and still it occurs.
Brian.

Back