• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

berkley f1 barbel tri tip

Stuart Brookes

I was looking for a second rod to try and cover as many possible situations as possible, yes I know, ever the optimist. Anyway came across this rod and wondered if anyone has owned or used one and how they rate it. I mainly fish the Tees and Swale so have a Greys Prodigy 1.75lb tc that handles most situations nicely. I was just looking for something with a little more backbone for rivers like the Trent but also to use as a second rod where allowed or if I take the son along with me.

Stuart,
no comment on the Berkley as I've not even seen one. However, I'd suggest that it might be worth adding the Korum Neoteric Twin Tip to your shortlist. It'll give you a 1.75lb tip as a second rod on the local rivers and a 2.25lb tip that'll happily chuck a big feeder a long way on the Trent/double as a big floodwater rod on the local rivers.

Last edited:
If you like the Greys Prodigy. Buy a Greys specimen rod to match it, it comes with a 1.5lb and a 2lb top. Just a thought. :)

Iown one of the Tri tips and have no trouble with it at all and find it better than the Greys that i have previously owned .The 1.5 tip comes in very handy for winter chubbing !

I remember a thread on this rod on the old forums so worth searching there

Tackle 2u are doing the berkley tri tip for £69 on their clearance sales..
they are on the website clearance flyer but you have to call to order off the specials as there is no facility to buy online from the flyer..

Thanks for the info Phil. Rang them this morning and they had none left, hardly surprising at that price. They have a fairly decent list of barbel rods for sale at knock down prices if anyone else is interested.

contact them to make sure, they don't always get things right on ebay.
you never know.

my fishing buddy has the berkley f1s he uses 2lb top only with 18lb &15lb mainline chucks 8o/z feeders at distance ont tidel/trent & yorkshire rivers hes landed barbel to 15lb15o/z & a very fit 14lb3 this season on these rods

Back