• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Belize Angling Holidays.

Julian Griffiths

Hi.

Is there any of you that have fished over in Belize?

I'd like to look into fishing for what they call the big three. Tarpon, Permit, Bonefish on the flats.

I'm kinda looking to those of you that have fished out there, that would highly recommend a company/lodge that you had a brilliant experience with.

Hoping to realise a dream...

Cheers
Julian

Hi Julian, I fished one of the islands off the coast of Belize probably getting on for 20 years ago now.

I went with my Dad, we travelled to Miami, then to Belize City then on to San Pedro via a few other small islands, super hairy on a 6 seater aircraft and short runways!

We kind of winged it with the fishing and just booked through the accommodation when we were there so can't recommend anyone in particular.

The island did seem to be geared primarily for the diving rather than fishing though although I'd assume a lot has changed since I was there.

It was a little rough and ready but very friendly and safe unlike the mainland.

We were unlucky with the weather and had to stay inside the reef and the flats were cloudy water so fishing blind, but caught plenty of small bonefish, I hooked and lost a Tarpon and lots of Barracuda.

Well worth the effort getting there as it's a beautiful part of the world.

With the onset of the Internet since we were there you'll have no problem finding decent options for fishing.

Good luck!

I’m into saltwater fly fishing in a big way.

Ive only been to Belize once or twice (Tarpon Cay out on the reef from Placencia).

If you need any info send me a PM.

Back