• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Been a while!

Julian Griffiths

After a long lay off from here, I've decided to come back and join ranks once more!
Anyway. Just a quick hello, and hope my loddonites are still struggling as much as ever, but smiling through gritted teeth all at the same time.

Be nice to see who's here who's gone, and everything else inbetween.

Most off all I hope your all fit and well

Come and say hi, and hopefully we'll catch up with one another throughout my next angling chapter, through these pages.

Julian

Welcome back Julian. Struggling on the Loddon? ............................ errrrrr, yes, moreso than ever these days :eek:, but as you say smiling through gritted teeth.

Welcome back Julian. Best regards.
Bob!

Am I correct in thinking since you last spoke to me for a build , your happily retired now Bob?

By the way....I had a 15lb barbel 1st outing on your BFW i-Powers, sadly the only barbel on that rod, but what a fish, LOVED THE ISOBLOBS!

Mick Holgate, a superb bloke that i got to briefly know through his rod building business, has just the other weekend very sadly passed away! I tell ya, a real gent that, like you had all the time for his customers!

Nice to see you here Bob!

Last edited:
Welcome back Julian, if I remember rightly I bought a trio of rods from you many years back ( 2 x Fox Kevlar multi tips and a Fox Barbel float ). If that was you then I recall you being a good egg. If not, disregard the mumblings of a senile old fart !

P.S- Lovely brace of Stripeys there !

Welcome back Julian, if I remember rightly I bought a trio of rods from you many years back ( 2 x Fox Kevlar multi tips and a Fox Barbel float ). If that was you then I recall you being a good egg. If not, disregard the mumblings of a senile old fart !

P.S- Lovely brace of Stripeys there !
Yeah that rings bells! Alarm bells I want those 2 kevelars back lol
Hope they served you well!
I've had load of good rods over the years Seer Rods i-Powers etc. But after catching nice fish on them I get bored so like to change the rods, keeps my interest levels up!

Keep in touch Dave.

Bob!

Am I correct in thinking since you last spoke to me for a build , your happily retired now Bob?

By the way....I had a 15lb barbel 1st outing on your BFW i-Powers, sadly the only barbel on that rod, but what a fish, LOVED THE ISOBLOBS!

Mick Holgate, a superb bloke that i got to briefly know through his rod building business, has just the other weekend very sadly passed away! I tell ya, a real gent that, like you had all the time for his customers!

Nice to see you here Bob!

Thanks Julian - yes retired from commercial building but still experimenting and doing the odd prototype and using some left over bits.

All the best,
Bob

Back