• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barton court

Steven Ballard

Hi all, I'm off to barton court on wednesday, fished it only once before.
I shall be roving in the morning with lobworms and wobbling deadbeats in the afternoon.
Any info on areas to concentrate on or just general info would be great as its quite a journey, and a lot of water for one day!
cheers in advance guys

Steve. If you are fishing the rivers...not the lake...
Turn left. Keep walking till you come to the road bridge the main river flows to.

Best chance of big Perch and roach.

Really you should target the grayling trout and dace by trotting on the rivers.

On the lake fish tight by any tree overhang.

Graham

Thanks graham, it is the river I'll be fishing, was worried it will be too low for trotting, also heard that the grayling/dace population isn't worth targeting anymore?

Hi men ,

There are still pockets of Grayling , the weirs hold them , although not sure they are as big as they used to be , and im sure numbers are down . There are dace , especially down the first carrier you cross to the hut once you park your car , in front of the big house . Good advice from Graham , the perch do go big in the river there , and people are now fishing for those alone . Personally i target the trout , awesome fights on trotting gear , anything elas is a bonus , id go for them !!!.

Hatter

i think i'll target the perch with light ledger gear then, my friend will probably trot for the bits.
its the pike I'm really interested in as I've heard stories of big girls, I also lost a decent one last time i was there

Steve.
You're probably best then to head out straight with hut on left.

Down to far weir / bridge at end of path a try above it. Then along main river.

Went two years ago. Grayling around then in fast water and as Mark says some good trout.

Back