• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel spawning in River Wye

Richard Turner

Senior Member & Supporter
The Wye and Usk Foundation have posted some interesting videos on U-tube of spawning barbel in the river Wye. Also a separate video of Chubb spawning in much greater numbers.

Couldn't see how to post a link to these but a search under Wye and Usk Foundation should turn these up.

Chris. Thanks for doing that. I dare say that i would eventually worked out how but I had to take a telephone call.
Cheers

Richard

Joe. They don't say in the WUF newsletter - see extract below.

"Most of the human population may be confined to home but nature continues on regardless of course. Spring and early summer are a busy time for lots of river fish, especially coarse species.

While out tackling invasive weeds on the banks of the Wye, our habitat team took some amazing footage of barbel and chub spawning."

Fishing Passport still closed down.

???
Tackling invasive weeds.

I have put of treating Severn Bank invasive weeds as did not consider it came as acceptable during the current crisis

That is a very golden male Barbel on the Wye spawning trio. Not as Gold as the Thames ones but bet its a nice looking fish when caught

When you look at the water temps at Llanstephan its 10.8 C I thought the water temps would of need to be higher? or maybe warm enough in the shallows...

Back