• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel Research: The UK Barbel Survey

Andrew Pledger

Hi All!

My Name is Andy Pledger, A PhD student (and angler) based at Loughborough University. As part of my research, I am looking to create a series of high-resolution maps which outline the spatial distribution of Barbel within UK river systems. To supplement EA electric fishing and stocking data, I have created a short online survey for Barbel Anglers and was wondering whether you could do me a massive favour by completing it for me? I am looking to create maps for all UK rivers so the more responses I get, the better the maps will be!

The survey can be found on my own personal website The UK Barbel Survey | Andrew Pledger , along with details of the research which should appear in the next week or so. If you have any questions, would like more information or equally have some information that you feel might be of relevance to the study (catch data etc.), please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Your help and support on this one would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance,

Andy

Back