• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel meeting in Oxford.

Paul Cooper

Would anyone be interested in a Barbel meeting in Oxford!!
Date Sept/Oct. 2010 Venue function room in a pub that can hold 50
which i can get for free.
Speakers! Guy Rob has given his okay. I will talk to Stuart Morgan and John
Everard plus any others that you can suggest.
This is just a thought.
Paul.

Me too, depending upon dates etc. Well done Paul, these kinds of things are no picnic to organise but are a great opportunity for barbel fishers (and others) to meet up.

Jon

Interested if the date works... hope it all comes together Paul. Thanks for doing this.

Chris

Hi Chaps,
No it is not limited to any one group! as long as you are a barbel angler.
There are a lot of barbel anglers in the Oxford area and the only time you see some of them is on the bank. So thought it might be a good idea to have a get together and have a meeting. I am open to ideas about the format, time, date etc. I have a venue already for no charge and it is close to the Oxford ring road. As there are so many rivers around this area it would be good to catch up with the people who fish these ie Cherwell, Windrush, Evenlode, Thame and the river Thames that i fish.
As i said My fishing mate Guy Rob will do a talk and i will phone Stuart Morgan and John Everard as well, i will also email some of the guys at the EA and see if they will come along. So if you have any suggestions please send me an email paul.cooper@noc.nhs.uk [/I]
Tight lines to you all for the new season.
Down to the Thames tonight for my frist session after that elusive thames barbel.

Paul

Since the demise of the Berks meetings I suggest many will bring their passports and venture into the next county. Suggest you will have no problems finding the '50' for your venue

Mike

I'd be interested in this might get my interest raised enough again to get out and do some. Is the venue walkable from the town centre?

ATB
Mike

Absolutely. After watching footage of youself and Guy's successes i'll be after all the info i can get! There'll be more barbel anglers than Barbel in town that night.

Thanks for all the feedback. The venue will be the Masons Arms in Headington Quarry
it is just inside the ringroad on the east side of Oxford which is close to the A40.
I will confirm the dates and programme for the evening asap.
Tight lines Paul.
ps my session on the Thames produced bream, bream and more bream.

Hi all,
I have just spoken to Stuart Morgan and he is up for the meeting so watch this space.
Good luck to you all this weekend.

Back