• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel holiday

Good evening guys was after a bit of advice really. I've only caught a couple of barbel as I've not fished for them all too often and generally get distracted by chasing other species. I joined the forum to try get some tips and a better understanding of them and I've decided this coming season I want to really have a good go for them. I was wondering if anyone knew of any prolific stretches on the river wye with holiday cottages that have their own beats or are very close by. I'm not after monsters would just like to try get regular bites or as close to that as I can. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Kind regards

Sean, have a look at wyevalleyholidaycottages.co.uk, . We had a cottage at Symonds Yat last year with a garden down to the river. Thought it might be hard work due to pleasure boats and canoes, but it was great. Fished in short 2 - 3 hour sessions because with friends, but had fish every session both chub and barbel.
Mike

Sean, have a look at wyevalleyholidaycottages.co.uk, . We had a cottage at Symonds Yat last year with a garden down to the river. Thought it might be hard work due to pleasure boats and canoes, but it was great. Fished in short 2 - 3 hour sessions because with friends, but had fish every session both chub and barbel.
Mike
We had a cottage at Symonds Yat with our own garden 2 years ago and caught nothing but chub and eels.

Google Brobury House, there are two cottages for rent with a private stretch of the Wye for your use.

Dave

Back