• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel fishing France

Mark Scott

has anybody been Barbel fishing in France particularly looking for smaller rivers size of the severn or something like that

There was a TV programme on a year or two back involving Barbel being caught on a French river, it wasn't a big river, a bit like the upper Thames from memory. Might have been that programme with Dean Macey and his mate.
It looked very nice, town or village location.

Hi men,

It was Dean Macey , dont think it was Ades though . Totally untapped for barbel fishing , so much so the French dont really talk about it on their sites . Iv been down past Limoges a fair few times , and the Vienne has a fair few , and a local resident told me to 15lb . That a fair trek and the northern river all hold them . Im off to some public waters in October , a few hundred acres each , but the rivers run in and out the barrages , will make some enquiries when tge guard de perche visit me.

Hattet

There was a TV programme on a year or two back involving Barbel being caught on a French river, it wasn't a big river, a bit like the upper Thames from memory. Might have been that programme with Dean Macey and his mate.
It looked very nice, town or village location.
I believe it was a place called Fumay on the French/Belgium border

Attachments

• 7AB356D1-7817-46C8-A3F5-8FD19A8EECC8.png
    7AB356D1-7817-46C8-A3F5-8FD19A8EECC8.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 340
My cousin lives in a town called Poiters and he is a carp angler and he tells me his local river that runs through his city contains lots of Barbel with "odd fish to 5 or 6 kilos, average fish 3 kilo" claims they're a pain when he's fishing for carp

Cheers for all the responses, I’ve made an offer on a place that’s on the river gartempe, 45 mins from Limoges, just below a weir. Looks like a decent river

has anybody been Barbel fishing in France particularly looking for smaller rivers size of the Severn or something like that
Check out on YouTube, the fishing channel That's French Fishing. The guy's quite open as to his locations and the river is up in the north east area of France. The videos are always well presented and edited. Check out his method here>>>

Barbel could be seen from every bridge i stood on when i went a couple of years ago. Nothing massive but plenty of them and obviously chub

Back