• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bait Guns

Rhys Perry

I like to roll my own boilies and have done for a few years now, but I'm getting increasingly concerned by the possibility of crippling arthritis in my hands, due to using manual bait guns!
I've been using the standard gardner gun, or doctored silicone guns, but now thinking of maybe the gardner delux or an automatic silicone gun. Has anyone used either and are the gardner delux worth the ludicrous price of 50 quid, or am I better off spending a bit more on an automatic silicone gun?
Any ideas would be appreciated, cheers.

Rhys, the good bit about the de-lux model is the aluminium tube, the use of it is the same as the cheaper one (makes yer hand ache) however have you ever thought of using long sausage shapes cut up (chops) many variations and applications and the leakage rate is much better than boilies if you chop em up after steaming or boiling em before chopping up.
no fuss, very time saving and a lot more convenient to carry a few sausage shapes rather than bags of boilies (chop one on the bank)....j.w

Thanks John, don't think I'll bother with the delux then as I don't see the tube as being an issue. I have been making irregular bits by hand and boiling them, but not thought about just boiling sausages, I'll give it a go. Thing is I've just bought a 10mm rolling table and I'm determined to get my money's worth!

Back