• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bait dropper.

I’m also contemplating with the idea of a titanium spoon net in the future.
I like spoon nets for their shape but I like triangular nets with carbon rods for their strength.
I’ve straightened my spoon nets aluminium frame out more times than I care to remember. They are just built to a price nowadays
Titanium has the strength of steel yet it’s almost as light as aluminium. Could potentially be a very nice barbel net for high banks where a bit of dead lifting is necessary to protect the fish.
Watch this space!!!

I’m also contemplating with the idea of a titanium spoon net in the future.
I like spoon nets for their shape but I like triangular nets with carbon rods for their strength.
I’ve straightened my spoon nets aluminium frame out more times than I care to remember. They are just built to a price nowadays
Titanium has the strength of steel yet it’s almost as light as aluminium. Could potentially be a very nice barbel net for high banks where a bit of dead lifting is necessary to protect the fish.
Watch this space!!!
I see so many nets bent, simply lift the fish out with the handle vertical. Simples.. 😁

I see so many nets bent, simply lift the fish out with the handle vertical. Simples.. 😁

Yes that works if the bank in vertical!
I’m lucky if I can get 6ft away from the river in a lot of cases. Steep and tapered banks
The only way to safely see the fish from the river to the Matt is to put the net through some strain.

Finished.

Attachments

• 2ACB4767-C129-446F-B59A-6300BD2502EC.jpeg
    2ACB4767-C129-446F-B59A-6300BD2502EC.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 85C3F8D3-6FF7-46D2-9B19-A9233C7AD32F.jpeg
    85C3F8D3-6FF7-46D2-9B19-A9233C7AD32F.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 250
Back