• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Baffin Trapper Boots

Jon Whelan

Returned a pair of Baffin Outback Boots without a receipt being bought approximately 2 years ago, hence out of warranty. Baffins, as I thought, could not properly age the boots so could not, rightly, offer a refund.

However, the national distributors Koolbox Ltd, whom I returned the boots to have very kindly offered me a pair of Baffin Trapper Boots as a replacement.

Has anyone bought or know of Baffin Trapper Boots & have a quick opinion to share?

Many thanks, Jon

Trapper: http://www.baffin.com/Comersus7F/store/comersus_viewItem_ind.asp?idProduct=353

Outback Boots (http://www.baffin.com/Comersus7F/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=60)

Last edited:
Jon, having had no experience of the Trappers I couldn't comment but being the owner of a pair of Outbacks I'm curious as to what was wrong with yours? I've had mine 3 years now without a problem.

Jon, having had no experience of the Trappers I couldn't comment but being the owner of a pair of Outbacks I'm curious as to what was wrong with yours? I've had mine 3 years now without a problem.

Are the Baffins really that good? I see there's a 10 out of 10 review on here. I'm looking to replace my mouse chewed Nash Zero Tolerances and was going to go with the Northface ones suggested on another thread. However I like the inner boot system so the Baffins look ideal. Found I can get the higher topped versions (called Mountain) from the states for £78 inc shipping and the Outbacks slightly cheaper.

Cheers
Martin

Baffins

Baffins manufacture a great pair of boots. I have had two pairs & although having returned the last after 2 years of thorough cold weather use - I have no complaints. The Outbacks are very lightweight, comfy & generally tick all the right boxes. One cannot really use these in the summer as they are too warm. Usually adorn these this time of year till mid spring.

Eric - one of the boots split on the outer rubber sole. See the attached below. Originally bought the boots from Planet Carp & they have not had this problem with those they have sold.

I have just come off the phone talking to a chap called Ian at Koolbox & I cannot give a big enough acknowledgement of how they have looked after me.

Just having a look at their website (www.koolbox.co.uk) - easy to navigate with a good range of quality clothing, etc. I will be buying a couple of bits to compliment my new boots!

Cheers, Jon

PS I have purged the net & the Trapper Boots (wellies) have good write up's & should serve my Tidal Trent fishing well.

Last edited:
Just ordered a pair of the Baffin Mountain boots from amazon.com. They're basically a higher top version of the Outback. They were on sale and with delivery and import duty were £77.56, still a bit of a lump but pretty much half the price than anywhere over here.

Back