• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Autumn afternoon predators on the Lot, France

• Thread starter Deleted member 2708
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2708

Such a lovely day I decided to take the inflatable canoe out and search for new bank swims. Put a little spinning rod in and a few lure, an hour could be spared for that.

DSC_0496.jpeg

Fishing buddy Alistair jumped at the opportunity of viewing the river from a different perspective. He was more interested in photography and took the shots I have put up today.

After a few duffs casts into the trees rather than under them I regained some composure and dropped a cast under the trees at the base of a cliff. The big yellow/black soft paddletail lure sank but was intercepted just off the bottom. A heavy fish on the drop, after several minutes of a tough fight on the Turrel 8-21 gr spinning rod a nice silure appeared - then promptly returned to the bottom. The boat was towed upriver for a couple of minutes but I got the fish back up again, just to realise I had left the lip-grips in my car!

I hate handling silure so somehow I got it doubled into a small landing net. Between using the light rod and little net it was just good fortune that got this fish in the boat!

DSC_0510.jpeg

Pug-ugly but a fighter - the fish of course!

Alistair had a nice perch but has not sent me the photo - he is very camera shy for a keen photographer!

Great afternoon out, the little boat packed away in the car boot easily.

DSC_0517.jpeg

Handy tool to have for these occasional expeditions. I have learnt a lot about the Lot with this marvellous machine! :cool:

Back