• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

at last a useful rod sleeve

I've been using the chub vantage one for a couple of seasons , very similar to this one . Doesn't take a 10ft one thou but fine for my 11ft rod upto 13ft.

Look at the logo in the ad. It's a Chinese knock off, Dawa. There's a lot of it about.
I'll check with my local dealer that it's not a new logo though.

I wish sleeve makers would take into account the length of the rod handle when they make their sleeves, we don't all use Carp rods.

It's a Daiwa Germany website, maybe that's why it looks different. Not sure they available in the UK.

Look at the logo in the ad. It's a Chinese knock off, Dawa. There's a lot of it about.
I'll check with my local dealer that it's not a new logo though.
Definitely Daiwa it's there up to date logo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-22-10-57-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-22-10-57-15.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 137
i actually first saw them in the new daiwa catalogue paul and they are available in uk it’s part of their new luggage range

I've looked, and I can't find one for sale anywhere yet.

The deciding factor with a lot of rod sleeves is the distance from the reel pouch to the bottom of the sleeve. With Carp rods having longer handles, the reel pouch is generally in the wrong place for a Barbel rod who's handle is slightly shorter. Put a Barbel rod in a sleeve and what happens is that the reel will fit in the pouch but the bottom of rod handle is a little short of the bottom of the sleeve, which in turn means there is a little bit of the rod sticking out the top of the sleeve. Believe me, I've tried. Strangely enough, a sleeve designed for a "Spomb" rod is the only sleeve I've found at the moment that will accommodate my Barbel rods.

I've looked, and I can't find one for sale anywhere yet.

The deciding factor with a lot of rod sleeves is the distance from the reel pouch to the bottom of the sleeve. With Carp rods having longer handles, the reel pouch is generally in the wrong place for a Barbel rod who's handle is slightly shorter. Put a Barbel rod in a sleeve and what happens is that the reel will fit in the pouch but the bottom of rod handle is a little short of the bottom of the sleeve, which in turn means there is a little bit of the rod sticking out the top of the sleeve. Believe me, I've tried. Strangely enough, a sleeve designed for a "Spomb" rod is the only sleeve I've found at the moment that will accommodate my Barbel rods.

Back