• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Arma mesh

Paul Gaynard

been thinking of trying the
Fox arma mesh , has anyone any experience with this stuff probably using for meat but I see there is a fine mesh and a stiffer one so any views thankfully recieved.

been thinking of trying the
Fox arma mesh , has anyone any experience with this stuff probably using for meat but I see there is a fine mesh and a stiffer one so any views thankfully recieved.
Always use it for meat fishing - have several different punched diameters / lengths pre-meshed and soaking in glug. Massively reduces small fish attention and ensures you never lose your hookbait - easy to hair rig and you can also negate using a hair stop as per Andrews Knots vid. Frequently re-use / re-glug baits which means a can of meat can last a season! Just checked my ancient tube and its 14mm dia - looks like 'fine' to me but this was bought pre options - use like PVA mesh; ensure you pull down against the bait hard prior to tightening the upper knot

Last edited:
Always use it for meat fishing - have several different punched diameters / lengths pre-meshed and soaking in glug. Massively reduces small fish attention and ensures you never lose your hookbait - easy to hair rig and you can also negate using a hair stop as per Andrews Knots vid. Frequently re-use / re-glug baits which means a can of meat can last a season! Just checked my ancient tube and its 14mm dia - looks like 'fine' to me but this was bought pre options - use like PVA mesh; ensure you pull down against the bait hard prior to tightening the upper knot
Thanks Chris ,bought some fine and done a test run in the shed and beginning to wonder how I've only just found this stuff as it was the small fish problem I wanted to get around,much obliged for the info.

Julian used it twice on the tidals, first time had a couple of barbel and the inevitable eel, second time only one barbel but I suspect I had a bit of crab trouble as in places you could see the mesh had been attacked but they didn't get the meat,I used hot spicy sausage meat that was quite soft and wouldn't be a hair rigable but I found that if you tied the bag tight as has already been mentioned the meat oozes out of the mesh and to me looks really impressive but the bag and meat never came off the rig until I took it off and not claiming to be an expert by any means this mesh will have a permanent place within my armoury.

Back