• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Are there chairs that double as beds?

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
As a rare overnighter who may be doing a few more this season, is there such a thing as a chair / sleeper combi,

Or if anyone local to Ross got a bed they don't use?

Quite a lot of firms offer bedchairs, they act as a chair when folded and a bed when unfolded. They tend to be bigger and heavier than a standard chair though.

Quite a lot of firms offer bedchairs, they act as a chair when folded and a bed when unfolded. They tend to be bigger and heavier than a standard chair though.
Hi Eddie.

The ones I looked at seem to only fold up the head section leaving body and feet laying flat. Or legs 3 ft apart.
Am I missing something.?

I’ve got a Wychwood super light recliner, which on a couple of occasions I’ve tilted it fully back and rested my feet on an unhooking mat placed on top of a cooler bag...maybe 3-4 hrs kip at best, not really sure I’d recommend it though..

As a chair it’s very comfortable, too comfy in fact, I prefer the Fox adjusta level which strikes the right balance between stopping my backside from going numb but not so comfy I could doze off and miss a bite.

The Daiwa posted above looks a tidy bit of kit as a duel use chair, you might be able to make it sturdier by adding a single clamp on bed chair support leg, you might be able to pick one up for £10-15.

Hi Eddie.

The ones I looked at seem to only fold up the head section leaving body and feet laying flat. Or legs 3 ft apart.
Am I missing something.?

Sorry missed this reply earlier, usually the bottom folds up too so you sit on the underside of the lower part of the bed.

Thanks all.
Gone for the Hutchinson Sceptre.

Won't get much use. Probably just use the long recliner chair I have with another chair for feet before it arrives.

Back