• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Apollo taperflash 14'

Paul Collins

Discovered this clearing out the shed today.
Anyone interested before it gets used to support plants?
Collected from Nth London / Verulam waters.
No charge.
Just noticed that it has lined rings, possibly agate?

Last edited:
Discovered this clearing out the shed today.
Anyone interested before it gets used to support plants?
Collected from Nth London / Verulam waters.
No charge.
Just noticed that it has lined rings, possibly agate?
BLIMEY thats bought back memories when I was a lad I won the Christmas match and I got a Apollo Taperflash metal rod black with red whippings one of the proudest days lol

Gave my Dad tennis elbow, playing a 3lb Tench. Probably worth more in rings than the rod itself apart from a bit of sentimental value. Being steel, apparently they rust, inside out and are not well regarded. 50s furniture though. Anyway it's gone when the dumps open again.

Gave my Dad tennis elbow, playing a 3lb Tench. Probably worth more in rings than the rod itself apart from a bit of sentimental value. Being steel, apparently they rust, inside out and are not well regarded. 50s furniture though. Anyway it's gone when the dumps open again.
Think my mate had one when we were teenagers. Remember him striking a bite and the metal tube snapped just above ferrule. Undeterred, he stuck the broken section into the female ferrule and fished on. Bit of 'slap' in the fit but he just carried on using it until he got another rod... two years later. He caught plenty in those years too.

just googled it and people buy em on Ebay mate or you could put it on Facebook market place thats easy and free to do

Back