• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anyone going to Telford on Sunday?

shame its too far to travel too for people that live in the south now

before they moved it was a lot more central and I didnt mind the drive now its out of the question

You can't get much more "central" than Telford... next to the Severn and not so far from the Wye and Trent.

are you having a larf ? google tells me its 156 miles from me !!!

there are plenty of Barbel Anglers that live a lot further south than me too you know ?
maybe they should have 2 shows one for people that live in the north and one for people that live in the South ?

Just got home, I live in Plymouth and it is 248 miles to Telford, Fuel cost £73 , I also couldn't get a cheap B&B so we ended up in Haughton Hall for 2 nights (my wife enjoyed her time there in the pool and spa), bigger expense than expected.

I often fish at Shrewsbury which is about 9 miles closer, so for me not a lot different to when I go there.

There was about 100-120 people there for the talks / discussions plus others in the show-room.

I enjoyed it although I was disappointed not to win one of the 10 Guide Days that were offered, the raffle was a major success with about 20 prizes.

I would go again dependant on the venue, and the people speaking.

Always enjoyed the Society do.
A lot more unites us than divides us.

Rivers can be great value, certainly when compared with Carp syndicates.

BAA, great value at £40
My Lower Severn stretch £30
My WAvon stretch £45.
Ross on Wye £70
And Worcester club about £50 I guess.( not a member)

All OAP rates.
Although some clubs have numbers of Stillwaters. Like South Cerney at £70 If you want to join a single fairly exclusive Carp Syndicate you are talking far more dosh than all those listed combined, and then some.

BAA, great value at £40
My WAvon stretch £45.
Ross on Wye £70

All OAP rates.
Although some clubs have numbers of Stillwaters. Like South Cerney at £70 If you want to join a single fairly exclusive Carp Syndicate you are talking far more dosh than all those listed combined, and then some.

Couldn't agree more, Graham. My comment was more about travelling cost and distances driven. 🙂

BAA, great value at £40
My WAvon stretch £45.
Ross on Wye £70

All OAP rates.
Although some clubs have numbers of Stillwaters. Like South Cerney at £70 If you want to join a single fairly exclusive Carp Syndicate you are talking far more dosh than all those listed combined, and then some

"Steve Pope - you have no authority here!" I 🤣
😀

Back