• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Another personal review

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Where do you find a two or three rod holdall that’s gonna take everything you need and more for the long sesh???

These things usually cater very well for your rods, reels a net pole and at a push maybe a small brolley but once you start thinking about day shelters, Storm poles, tripods and for those longer stays bivvies then choices are really limited.
Yes I’ve seen some quivers can take a fair load in the center but if your like me and don’t like the idea of your rods, reels, lines etc exposed to possible damage then here is another option.
Korum do these new folding jobbies and what a tool they are. In this case space doesn’t come at a premium!!
A shade over £50 and honestly I’m gonna struggle to fill it.
perfect barbel fishing longer session tools where 2-3 rods is required and everything else you could sling in that mahooosive space and the whole lot on your shoulder in one case. Awesome!!!
ive got a 50 inch chub brolley shelter in there at the moment and no exaggeration I could easily get another 2 of them in there with it. and still get all my sticks and poles in.

Rod protection is adequate, certainly not as protected as the total protection hold all which would withstand a lump of 2by4 been walloped against it but the padding is thick enough to cope with normal dealings like a good drop on the floor or a fall from standing position.
they even gave you a long side pocket on it for your triangle nets.
I have used it a few times now and I love it so much. It’s great if you like to pack well but carry everything comfortably on one shoulder.

I do have one niggle. The zip that opens the rods doesn’t go right round the top. It stops at the top and the top is open!!!
why???? I dunno it’s a bit daft really cos if your carrying it or it’s standing vertically then rain can get in there.
ive not seen another holdall like it before and at £50 it’s give away.
I highly recommend it
I don’t work for the Preston group BTW.
88561A0A-9585-4439-A9F0-BF9949A4358E.jpeg
1AB70A8E-4874-46B1-85B5-598412F91BDF.jpeg
3D26D3B3-709A-4892-A374-9353AEE05B31.jpeg
79CDA3CF-4171-4D4D-B18B-8A286BDB9BE0.jpeg

Nice thanks for sharing. I don't get out enough and have a couple of smaller rod bags but I agree this seems a good idea especially going over the shoulders. Hands free then to carry load more stuff 😗🤪

folding jobbies.
Ha ha yeah, not the best of terminology granted.

it’s certainly no roving tool that’s for sure but on the other hand it’s taking away the possible need to kart everything on a barrow as it all goes in one sling.

I’m a carrier through and through.
I’m not interested in wheeling things to my swim just yet.
ive done a lot of research into the best tackle solutions to get everything on my back for a long walk.
Between The fox ruckall with my chair strapped to the back and this folding holdall I’m perfectly armed for any long session I’d ever need to do.................until I see something even better 😊

Looks good Richard
I've always been divided on rod sleeves having caught line in the zipper a few times over the years but that's probably just me being clumsy
Nowadays I put a tip protector on and tend to just use an open quiver but again not ideal, as the anti-reverse gets knocked and I've ended up with nasty tangles/ damaged line. Plus of course your rods aren't protected in transit.
I had a cheap Kodex one which was perfect but the rod retaining straps were velcro and after a couple of seasons they started to fail
I then got a Drennan one which was good but just too small for a day shelter, storm poles etc.
Then picked a Shimano Tribal quiver up in Bobco the other week for £8 - clearly a straggler and it's designed for rod sleeves but the main section is cavernous, so I'm trying that out at the moment but again its a bit bulky
That might be just the answer - cheers

I know it's not a folding thingy but thought I'd mention the korum pentalight shelter/brolly. Had it out on the trent yesterday for the first time and the weather pretty much threw everything at it, wind, lashing rain and hail. It was spot on. Quick to put up and take down, light and best of all high at the front so you can see the rod tips when there in the air. Best bit of kit I've bought for a bit.

I know it's not a folding thingy but thought I'd mention the korum pentalight shelter/brolly. Had it out on the trent yesterday for the first time and the weather pretty much threw everything at it, wind, lashing rain and hail. It was spot on. Quick to put up and take down, light and best of all high at the front so you can see the rod tips when there in the air. Best bit of kit I've bought for a bit.
They look just the job
Some nice stuff out for their 2020 range.

Just the sort of thing id like. Been using the korum 2 rod protracted holdall. And as good as it is. It would be really nice if it was just alittle bigger. Some time feel like my rods and baitrunners are squashed in there abit to closely. Will definitely be looking to replace the 2 rod one soon. 👍

Where do you find a two or three rod holdall that’s gonna take everything you need and more for the long sesh???

These things usually cater very well for your rods, reels a net pole and at a push maybe a small brolley but once you start thinking about day shelters, Storm poles, tripods and for those longer stays bivvies then choices are really limited.
Yes I’ve seen some quivers can take a fair load in the center but if your like me and don’t like the idea of your rods, reels, lines etc exposed to possible damage then here is another option.
Korum do these new folding jobbies and what a tool they are. In this case space doesn’t come at a premium!!
A shade over £50 and honestly I’m gonna struggle to fill it.
perfect barbel fishing longer session tools where 2-3 rods is required and everything else you could sling in that mahooosive space and the whole lot on your shoulder in one case. Awesome!!!
ive got a 50 inch chub brolley shelter in there at the moment and no exaggeration I could easily get another 2 of them in there with it. and still get all my sticks and poles in.

Rod protection is adequate, certainly not as protected as the total protection hold all which would withstand a lump of 2by4 been walloped against it but the padding is thick enough to cope with normal dealings like a good drop on the floor or a fall from standing position.
they even gave you a long side pocket on it for your triangle nets.
I have used it a few times now and I love it so much. It’s great if you like to pack well but carry everything comfortably on one shoulder.

I do have one niggle. The zip that opens the rods doesn’t go right round the top. It stops at the top and the top is open!!!
why???? I dunno it’s a bit daft really cos if your carrying it or it’s standing vertically then rain can get in there.
ive not seen another holdall like it before and at £50 it’s give away.
I highly recommend it
I don’t work for the Preston group BTW.
View attachment 10329View attachment 10328View attachment 10327View attachment 10326
Good review and thanks for sharing.

I really like the total protection holdall Alex.
I find it perfect for transporting a pair of rods
Safely to the bank and I think the design around it is pretty genius.
the rod transport side of things I think the total protection is better but Once you’ve chucked in a brolley and a net pole it’s done.
I think the folding holdall has a perfectly adequate way of transporting your rods but it’s that space for everything else that I really like.

I think I’ve figured out why they have left the top open. I don’t think it’s a great solution personally but that would allow you to use it with 13footers.
for me even with tip protectors that’s still a vulnerable 6 inches sticking out but I guess it’s made the product a touch more flexible. It’s no more vulnerable than using a quiver I suppose.

Your absolutely right Richard after 2 rod landing handle brolly and sticks its full to the max. But it is lightweight and does everything i need it to do. But with making a days fishing that little bit more comfy alittle bit bigger holdall is needed. I really rate Korum. All my bags and chair plus barbel rods are Korum and i really think they make a cracking bit of kit. Also use there end tackle and never had an issue at all with them.

Back