• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Another one

Ryan Pope

Senior Member & Supporter
Afternoon All ,
My thanks to Paul and fellow admin for having me onboard.
Being based in cornwall (barbel Mecca) its fair to say catch reports maybe a tad slim . But what i do have is some great oppurtunities for the Mullet.
With my routes in freshwater ,,naturally alot of cross over regards tactics..
Been awhile since ive chased tench crucians, carp pike. So after awhile of reading the odd review post on here (via the net) thought i would get signed in .
20210911_213256.jpg20200620_171919.jpg20200216_152239.jpg20180820_145737.jpg

All the best
Ry

Afternoon All ,
My thanks to Paul and fellow admin for having me onboard.
Being based in cornwall (barbel Mecca) its fair to say catch reports maybe a tad slim . But what i do have is some great oppurtunities for the Mullet.
With my routes in freshwater ,,naturally alot of cross over regards tactics..
Been awhile since ive chased tench crucians, carp pike. So after awhile of reading the odd review post on here (via the net) thought i would get signed in .
View attachment 17826View attachment 17827View attachment 17828View attachment 17829

All the best
Ry
Just Love Mullet Ryan.

Nice

If I had to pick one species to fish for it would be mullet. And I don't live in Cornwall :D

Welcome.

Excellent, theres some love for them Grey Ghosts here.
If I had to pick one species to fish for it would be mullet. And I don't live in Cornwall :D

Welcome.
Clive,
Good shout, but if you could only use one tactic ??? 🤯. Now theres a Q.
Ive yet to properly kit up to try either Trot or on the Fly.
Often fish a waggler off a chum bag slick whilst after main target species.
But get alot of pleasure sight fishing for thins.
Poole Harbour is certainly on my to go list

Ah the elusive mullet! Not as prolific in North Devon as their cornish cousins unfortunately! Fished for them exclusively a few years back now in the summer season on the fly! After 3-4 months effort I hooked to big girls and lost them promptly after! I did catch a golden grey eventually. I did vow to try again one day or at least with bait or even spoons. Never fully understood why they take them?!

Back