• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Andrew Burt Floats

Dave Brooksbank

Senior Member & Supporter
Just received some floats from Andy and am delighted with them.Very well made and are the end game for me.
He includes tubing and there's even a tiny eye if you want to rig up like that.
Interchangeable tips on the allround type that could adopt a starlight.
Purchased his matched olivettes as well.
Well done Andy.

Attachments

• 20240112_164208.jpg
    20240112_164208.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 180
Yeah I don’t use much else nowadays I must have nearly 100 of his floats from 4.5-11g and absolutely love them. I do think a 3g version would just finish his range off beautifully as I use this size a lot on small becks and backwaters with lighter actioned 11-13ft rods
As for big pacy rivers, you should definitely try his “big” float in 8.5-11g
It’s a beast of a float but the control and stability offered from it once it’s bottomed out is extremely good. Andy has concentrated hard on visibility with his floats which is something that I personally really appreciate. It’s not uncommon for me to bring lesser visual floats back after 40-50 yards simply because I can’t see them. Never an issue with Andy’s floats. 50 yards plus and a blind man on a galloping horse would see it shoot under. 🤣

Just received some floats from Andy and am delighted with them.Very well made and are the end game for me.
He includes tubing and there's even a tiny eye if you want to rig up like that.
Interchangeable tips on the allround type that could adopt a starlight.
Purchased his matched olivettes as well.
Well done Andy.
They do look spot on, does Andy have a website to order some?

They do look spot on, does Andy have a website to order some?
Just pm him. It’s probably the easiest way
He does the general float with interchangeable tips in 4.5g 6.5g 8.5g
And the big float in 6.5g 8.5g 11g

He sends you a pdf invoice and you pay it job done. Floats in the post.

Here’s his original post here

Last edited:
Like Richard Isaacs, I use Andy's floats all the time for my float fishing for barbel (I took the last photo in the series Richard posted).

The facility to insert a starlight has kept me fishing after the light was too low to see the float and this has resulted in a number of bonus fish after I would have been packed up and in the car driving home.

The facility to insert a starlight has kept me fishing after the light was too low to see the float and this has resulted in a number of bonus fish after I would have been packed up and in the car driving home.

For years i've threatend to doctor a float and add a nightlight so I can trott on into darkness. The passion killer was having to wade back to the bank on large slippy rocks of various shapes and sizes, quite a feat in the darkness.
I think I might give it a go this year though, just need to find a river with a gravel or other suitable bottom, or maybe one I can fish from the bank.

Back