• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi tackle time again..on the 5th

Yes i was just looking at the boots im tempted...Has anyone had them on previous sale days?

Not sure about the boots. Two issues. First, and the major drawback is that they are only waterproof up to where the rubber joins the PVC material which makes them little better than a waterproof shoe. To get an idea, think of a waterproof shoe with a gaiter attached. Second, the sizes are on the large for the stated size, try them on before you buy. I bought a pair a couple of years ago. They aren't badly made but they have sat in my garage virtually unused, which probably says it all. I can't really find a use for them as they don't seem to tick any box!

The Aldi balance can be bought from Home Bargains for £1.49, not really what I was looking for as I don't catch too many barbel approaching the 50lb mark. Essentially, the scale is too crude for my liking. Wilkinson did a digital one for not much more than a quid and is surprisingly accurate. Incidentally, my best barbel p.b. is 36lb. Should have posted this on the Barbel p.b. thread.

Last edited:
Well these look ok, shame they're not in pink with a whip thrown in. :D

Product_detail_Wk32S_17.jpg

The tackle bag is a belter, had one for a year now and perfect for stalking

Had mine years, in another life it's a Chub branded bag, so good value, rest of the gear looks tat, as is Aldi, and I should know as we have been graced with a new store here in Tewkesbury:rolleyes:
Aldi Lidl, much the same, these German? owned companies pass off cheap sub standard goods that would make Woolworths look like Harrods:)

Still 2 litres of milk is only a pound....stuff the farmers.:mad:

I brought the waders and tackle bag a year ago, both still going strong, good value for money.

Regards Ray Thorpe

Think i'll get the fishing vest, it has a back pocket that you can put your gloves OR your landing net in:eek::eek: What size do i get? Hang glider springs to mind:confused: Much help needed here.

Stephen

I tried the boots. The lining is poor and ripped on the first use, the sole doesn't give a great grip and they leaked ( via the sole ) after a few uses.

Back