• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi summer sale tomorrow

It's not quite in Korum quality league and it's smaller but having said that they are ideal for roving and short evening sessions.

These Craine bags are more similar if not the same to the Chub. The zips have gone on mine now, but had the thing about eight years or more.

Those bags are indeed brilliant in every way - price, quality and features.

BUT...

All you one-rod moochers eyeing it up be advised that it is indeed quite small and will not store the amount of liquids that you will need for all-day roving sessions on very hot or very cold days. It is far better suited to short sessions.

But that's not a criticism in the least, just a case of full disclosure, and for the quality at that price point there isn't much better that I've seen for short sessions even at 3 times the price.

Can vouch for the bags too, just right for roaming/short sessions.
Not even seen the seats but they do look good value for money and not THAT heavy for a steel framed chair.

I've had one of those bags for a few years now and It's still as good as the day I bought it.

Mine is used for my cook kit in the main compartment, wash kit and meds in the top of the lid, and soups and drinks sachets in the bottom.

Obviously my overnight/long session bag.

Has anyone looked at these barrows im quite interesred at that price

With the small front wheel, it looks quite similar to the daiwa infinity barrow that I used to have, (son has it now) it was a bit of a pain on rutted tracks, if you hit a hole the barrow would "trip" forwards. However, a tenner at toolstation for a standard sized barrow wheel and a little bit of fabrication could see it looking very good.

I brought the Barrow from Aldi. What a great bit of kit. Used it today for the first time. Pushed it accross 2 fields with ease. Folds down flat and fits in the car boot. Well balanced and light. Great for all day sessions. And a 3 year warranty.

Back