• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi special buys ( salopettes )

Hi Dereck. The Aldi Winter fishing gear comes out on Sunday 15th Jan according to the special buy booklet i am reading. Cant seem to open your link.

I need some new skiing salopettes. They look ideal. Thanks for posting :)

I do too Graham. All I need then is to learn how to ski, get the money together for a skiing trip and I'll be hunky dory and ready to go :D

Ah damn...just had a thought. I would need to save up for a new body too :D

Cheers, Dave.

I do too Graham. All I need then is to learn how to ski, get the money together for a skiing trip and I'll be hunky dory and ready to go :D

Ah damn...just had a thought. I would need to save up for a new body too :D

Cheers, Dave.

If you get the body in shape Dave, I have a set of ski's you can have as i'll never need them again:)

Stephen

My daughter is going skiing so already had my eye on these. Top quality salopettes at a very reasonable price. The jacket is the same quality but a third the price of similar quality coats I have looked at elsewhere.

I picked up 3 pairs of socks this morning, some gloves, a snood and a hat and some ski salopettes. The salopettes are only available in large and xl and they were to long do I bought the ladies medium which are for waists 29-31. Tried them on and home and they're maybe too tight so I might try next size up.

I noticed that fishing trousers in green and camo are now available to preorder from the website, with free delivery, so I've ordered s pair of each. The salopettes look very well made, I'm wondering if they'll be better than the fishing trousers

Thanks for Posting

The salopettes seem well made and fit well the only downside is they only have two front pockets (no back pockets). The two zips(YKK)on the legs are vents. If the claimed numbers of; 10,000mm waterproof, 10,000gr/m2/24h breathable, and the windproof 0L/m2/sec,(No neither do i)are achieved then they are great value for money. In the outdoor stores clothing with them figures cost alot more. Next weeks fishing trousers and jackets are only quoting 3,000mm waterproof and NO figures being given for the breathable/windproof. They are also selling Padded jacket and Bib & Brace (green or camo), YKK zips ,Waterproof/windproof/breathable but NO figures given for these either.

My "Carlsberg Wife" got me a pair of crane waterproof trousers this morning (Rated 3000m). Just tried them on and they are well worth
£9.99. They have pockets on the legs and two side zipped pockets.
There are zips at the bottom and Velcro to fit over boots.
The seams look good also.

Dave

Dave, at 3000m they will leak like a sieve, you need 10,000m to be really waterproof. Hope Im wrong though !

3000m should be ok in light rain, but not suitable for moderate/heavy rainfall. If they are salopettes for skiing then they are designed to be snow-proof, which they will be at 3000m.

Trousers tend not to need to be as quite as waterproof as jackets though - a decent waterproof jacket should have a rating of 10,000m +.

Dave, at 3000m they will leak like a sieve, you need 10,000m to be really waterproof. Hope Im wrong though !

If I am correct my first shelter was 3000m rated and unless I was sat out all day or night in torrential rain, it kept me dry.
As long as they keep me dry when stepping out from under cover (I usually carry a very light brolly) or walking to or from a swim then they have done the job! ;)

They should be fine for that David, but don't try sitting in them if they or the seat are wet, you will pressure the water through them.

Cheers, Dave.

Back