• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

After today's solstice.....

Solstice

Do the Druids celebrate the Winter Solstice and frankly who cares? From tomorrow the days will be getting longer. Hurray!

And warmer with a bit of luck. This weather ain't for the likes of me. Bring on Global Warming, we should all do our bit and run 4x4s and burn as much fuel as possible. I really regret scrapping my old car which belched out loads of
CO2, at least I was doing my bit to keep warm. What is the point of reducing Global Warming by reducing fuel usage and then burning loads of fuel to warm ourselves up. Where on Earth is the logic in that? Much better to have fun and burn loads of fuel in cars and planes and then there would be no need to waste valuable fuel in keeping warm. Petrol in Iran costs 25p a litre, apparently they have increased the price fourfold. Look how nice and warm Iran is, surely they have got it right, cheap fuel, burn loads of it, result, a lovely warm climate.

And warmer with a bit of luck. This weather ain't for the likes of me. Bring on Global Warming, we should all do our bit and run 4x4s and burn as much fuel as possible. I really regret scrapping my old car which belched out loads of
CO2, at least I was doing my bit to keep warm. What is the point of reducing Global Warming by reducing fuel usage and then burning loads of fuel to warm ourselves up. Where on Earth is the logic in that? Much better to have fun and burn loads of fuel in cars and planes and then there would be no need to waste valuable fuel in keeping warm. Petrol in Iran costs 25p a litre, apparently they have increased the price fourfold. Look how nice and warm Iran is, surely they have got it right, cheap fuel, burn loads of it, result, a lovely warm climate.

globalwarming is just a cheap magicans trick too misdirect the attention away from the fact that those in power are affraid too tell us all ,we're actually heading into a new ice age !

Do the Druids celebrate the Winter Solstice and frankly who cares? From tomorrow the days will be getting longer. Hurray!

Actually the days will be getting longer from the 23rd! Solstice is at 2338 ie nearly midnight, tonight meaning that tomorrow will have the same amount of daylight as today (to within fractions of a second!). Days start to get longer on the Thursday

C.

(And yes I have been accused of being a pedant in the past! :) )

globalwarming is just a cheap magicans trick too misdirect the attention away from the fact that those in power are affraid too tell us all ,we're actually heading into a new ice age !

I'm with Steve on this one, long overdue as cycles go . . . . glad i got one of those base layers from sundridge!

we will when or if the gulf stream stops....:eek:

It nearly did in Elizabethan England when the country was hit by a mini ice age. That's the period when they used to have ice fairs on the frozen river Thames. If the gulfstream stops think of Northern Canada as we are on the same latitude.
To answer the original question, yes druids celebrate the winter solstice but I bet they were just too bloody cold to tramp out this morning. I had a walk at 6:30 and watched the lunar eclipse.

Chris P. wrote:
Actually the days will be getting longer from the 23rd! Solstice is at 2338 ie nearly midnight, tonight meaning that tomorrow will have the same amount of daylight as today (to within fractions of a second!). Days start to get longer on the Thursday

Pedantic...never.:) It is by fractions of a second that medals are won!

Thanks for the info. I looked it up and it's quite interesting.

Back