• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Advice requested for Hampshire Avon. Please

Tim Speller

Hi

Having Been Carp, River and Fly fishermen for ( Oh dear..LOTS ) of years, A close friend and myself now both retired are seeking great Barbel fishing for the next few years throughout the UK, and understanding the River Craft for catching and their "thinking" IS,... as important as catching.

We are off to Andover on the 10th Sept and wondered if any member has fished the Area and can offer helpful tips regarding venues, locations which we could visit on a Day Ticket Basis initially. Any Advice would be most welcome.

Thank you
Tim

Re the H.Avon as per your title.
There aren’t too many day ticket fisheries on the H.Avon, local tackle shops will give you an idea and also sell the day tickets. You can get a holiday pass for Christchurch Angling Association, that would open some options. Tbh though, Andover is about an hour from most of the Avon and it’s more Barbel Populated parts of the river and I use that term loosely, as I’m sure your aware it’s not a densely populated river.

Many Thanks..much appreciated....We spoke with Andreas at Salisbury Angling Club...a great guy and managed to get a great spot....chub caught...but NO Barbel for myself of my good friend....The travelling around the UK and research as to when and where...will continue!....

Back