• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Advice needed

Paul Boyle

Hi all

Ill be moving house soon as was looking at the Sky/virgin deals that are on over at the moment.

I was however thinking of getting mobile with my laptop,taking it with when im working out of town using a dongle or whatever there called.

Doe's anyone use one ?? are they worth while ...can you stream BBC i player using a dongle,or would i need a broadband home connection for that type of stuff...youtube videos ect.

Thanks

Paul:)

ooooops just noticed can someone please move the thread to the social board

Last edited:
Paul i have a Vodafone dongle that i have had for about 2 years now, it has broadband but only if the area has it. Its very quick and you can do most things with it like watching Iplayer. However mine has a limt of 3GB's a month, but for what i use it for i never get above 2GB's. Just one more thing it works on the same network as mobile phones.
Great bit of kit at £15 a month, not sure how much it is now though.

hi paul, i too have a dongle (T-Mobile ) dunno about streaming but it can do most of what my pc does mate, i pay around £17 a month including VAT
never ever used anywhere near my allowance, it works in most areas and your T-Mobile shop should be able to tell you if it can get a signal if you can tell them what area your enquiring about

I don't know if the deal is still available but I got a Vodafone dongle last October which is a PAYG with £15 top ups. At the time only Vodaphone appeared to be offering PAYG instead of the monthly contract other companies were offering.

Virgin Dongle

I have a Virgin Dongle - £4.90 a month - it does everything I want it to do.
It might be £4.90 a month as I am a Virgin customer.

Back