• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

accomodation

John,

Could try Martin Cullens place, Temeside Cottage. Have a look at rivers/teme/accomodation.

Not sure how it is fishing as i havent seen Martin in a while, but ive had a fair few doubles out of his garden swims.

Paul

Adrian,

Most on big lumps of spam, open bail. ;)

You'd need a punkawalla or carp barrow to carry his sausage baits to the river. :D

Paul

Hi Paul

thanks for the heads up on Martins place.

Have you been or has anyone else?

Thanks John

if you can get in

Hi Paul

thanks for the heads up on Martins place.

Have you been or has anyone else?

Thanks John

you won't be disapointed if you go martin's he and his wife jan will look after you as they did me and a couple of friends;)
i taught martin how to use back ert hand and he showed me how to roll meat and fish big lumps on the bobbins:eek:

John...I assume 'Back ert hand' is a Yorkshire term, probably some sort of move designed to facilitate necking a big pie before your mates can nick a bite out of it?

Also, I would be interested in your lessons on how to fish with large lumps on yer bobbins...'cos I know from painful experience that that aint easy!

:p:D

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
John,

I was in the barbel catchers with Martin for over 11 years, so i have been lucky enough to stay at the cottage many times. I cant guarantee you will get a double, but there is as good as anywhere on the teme and the stretch from powick down to the confluence has very good big fish form. I can guarantee that you wont be dissappointed with the breakfasts. I think you can also fish the club stretch before and after Martins cottage as Martin has a special arrangement with the club in lieu of bailliffing duties and members use of his toilet at the cottage. The caravan is kept very clean, breakfast is in the cottage and there is good shopping in Worcester if the good lady wants some retail therapy. :D

Paul

Stayed with Martin a few years back, a top bloke who is very happy to spend time with you and show you the ropes. The big meat will blow your mind !! Personally I think the caravan is better suited to anglers than their wives.

were not tight

John...I assume 'Back ert hand' is a Yorkshire term, probably some sort of move designed to facilitate necking a big pie before your mates can nick a bite out of it?

Also, I would be interested in your lessons on how to fish with large lumps on yer bobbins...'cos I know from painful experience that that aint easy!

:p:D

Cheers, Dave.

first of all never call a lancastrian and yorkshireman else back ert hand could be expressed:D
i had to show martin how to keep woman in check!
there's not a man out there could get anywhere near one of my pie's to get a bite out of it:p

we've already invited you up north and if you want to watch me setting up my bobbins your more than welcome;)

first of all never call a lancastrian and yorkshireman else back ert hand could be expressed:D
i had to show martin how to keep woman in check!
there's not a man out there could get anywhere near one of my pie's to get a bite out of it:p

we've already invited you up north and if you want to watch me setting up my bobbins your more than welcome;)

Whooops...sorry mate...could have restarted the war of the roses there :p

Should you ever wend your way down here, would you mind popping in and demonstrating on 'er indoors your interesting way of keeping 'tut woman in check? The only 'in check' my missus understands at the moment is that little narrow book she keeps glued to one finger :p

May give the bobbins demo a miss though John :D

Cheers, Dave.

Whooops...sorry mate...could have restarted the war of the roses there :p

Should you ever wend your way down here, would you mind popping in and demonstrating on 'er indoors your interesting way of keeping 'tut woman in check? The only 'in check' my missus understands at the moment is that little narrow book she keeps glued to one finger :p

May give the bobbins demo a miss though John :D

Cheers, Dave.

no problem dave always use the hairy bit ert hand;)mine doesnt grow back a bit like me yed:D

:)
John,

I was in the barbel catchers with Martin for over 11 years, so i have been lucky enough to stay at the cottage many times. I cant guarantee you will get a double, but there is as good as anywhere on the teme and the stretch from powick down to the confluence has very good big fish form. I can guarantee that you wont be dissappointed with the breakfasts. I think you can also fish the club stretch before and after Martins cottage as Martin has a special arrangement with the club in lieu of bailliffing duties and members use of his toilet at the cottage. The caravan is kept very clean, breakfast is in the cottage and there is good shopping in Worcester if the good lady wants some retail therapy. :D

Paul

Paul

i really appreciate your imput into my thread. I did read about Martin and thought, never mind the double I can learn a bucket load from this angler.;)

Thats always worth more than a double :)

cheers pal

Don't forget to mention to anyone you phone, that you read it on BFW....;)

Thank you,

Andy F

Andy

I would never dream of NOT mentioning where I got the info form

Its like the pic on the home page, you know who to ask for info ;)

regards John :)

John,

Happy to assist mate; if you do decide to go you will find Martin very likeable and happy to share his methods and Jan will bring cups of tea down to you when you are fishing in the garden.

Paul

John,

Happy to assist mate; if you do decide to go you will find Martin very likeable and happy to share his methods and Jan will bring cups of tea down to you when you are fishing in the garden.Paul

:p Reminds me of a pond nr Cirencester that a country gent owned in his back garden. I had an invite to fish this pond after much persuasion. The pond was stufed with carp of all varieties, needless to say I couldn't go wrong, but the only 'downside' was the insistance that I 'take tea' and cucumber sandwitches on the lawn, served up by his beautiful daughter.:cool:

Back