• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A1 Pits or Bobs Island for a single 24 Hr Session

Kevin Earley

Evening all,

I am looking to take a friend for a single over-night session soon to either A1 pits stretch or Bob's Island. I would appreciate receiving some views on how either is fishing at the moment.

Many thanks

Kevin

I haven’t fished either this season but see often enough from social media that barbel are coming out of both in good sizes.

Bob’s doesn’t appeal to me with the grief you can get from the other side and the fact that it’s very busy down there currently. You just rock up, take what’s available and don’t forget to take a bin lid each to deflect any bb’s you might get fired at you.

A1 is a better shout for more comfortable fishing but it can get busy there too.
If I wanted to take someone for a session I’d probably look at fiskerton or try and book something on at smeatons or Gunthorpe weir if spaces are available.
If any of you are float anglers, peg 7 at smeatons the very last one is definitely one to try book.

Thank you Richard,

We are looking to go on a Monday/Tuesday, so will expect A1 to be a lot less busy, than a weekend. I thought at Fiskerton you had to be a member of the syndicate in order to night fish ?

Funny you should mention float fishing for Barbel, I am going to try my hand at it this Friday for the first time, with two friends who have both caught float fishing meat. I will do a write up with pictures and if i can master the new GoPro I bought some video too.

Night fishing on the Barnsley DAA stretch at Fiskerton is Syndicate Members only. I'm not sure you can night fish the NPS stretch at Fiskerton either, unless you're a member.
Even if A1 is busy there's so many swims to go at you shouldn't have any problem finding swims. You can park behind your swims too there.

Back