• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A Quick Thank You

Tony Carter

To Graham Elliot for a fantastic day out on the Wye last week.

Despite getting up at 4.45am I had a great day catching over a dozen Chub, 5 Barbel (and 3 Eels:mad:).

According to Graham this is a bad day for numbers of fish! the levels were awfully low.....cant wait to get back in better conditions, i think ive forgotten about the Loddon for now!

Maybe they should stop the elver fishing in the estuaries as I'm sure that has more effect on the eel population than anglers keeping the odd one for the pot?

R.

Ps. Apologies to Tony for the blatant thread hijack! Maybe you should start a new thread, Ray?

Cheers Ray, not that i kill eels, but never knew that!

Head over Eels!

Apologies for that, but i am sure Graham won't mind me railroading the intended promotion!:D
However, you did mention... Eels.:mad:
The Eel subject down here in Dorset is a bit 'sensitive' at the moment, but you are right in that it does need a full blown thread to which might enlighten some who are unaware, with interesting facts regarding the species and new laws protecting them. They are now more protected than the Salmon!
I will start a thread next week as it is directly and indirectly related to barbel in some ways.
If someone else wishes to do so sooner, feel free to continue and i will eventually jump in, .
Best Regards...Ray

Back