• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A question for the rod builders...fox explorer rods

Justin Cubberley

A question really for the the rod builders...
I was wondering if anyone out there has had the chance to look at the gizmo that fox use to secure the telescopic section on there range of 8-10' explorer rods. Is it as simple as that of old... One tube taper over another. A bush type of affair or is it something more complex?
I suppose I'm curious as to that all important contact area that would give the joint it's strength.

Last edited:
A question really for the the rod builders...
I was wondering if anyone out there has had the chance to look at the gizmo that fox use to secure the telescopic section on there range of 8-10' explorer rods. Is it as simple as that of old... One tube taper over another. A bush type of affair or is it something more complex?
I suppose I'm curious as to that all important contact area that would give the joint it's strength.
When scope rods came out I asked a rod builder why don’t you do it with Harrison’s , he said why Nash make them , think he missed the boat tbh as others have no copied them .

Back