• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A nice mixed bag

Paul Whiteing

Administrator
Staff member
I had a 5lb koi, a 3lb ghostie, 5 orf and 5 goldfish this morning, ALL by hand .....

Alas not a great feat of angling, but from my fish pond whilst I cleaned it. Placed in a cold water tank I kept since last time. :) and caught them all by hand again to return to the pond five hours later. My back is knackered.

Ok, yes, I'm bored. It's a long time til June.

When i was a kid my dad would let me close season fish in the pond ,as long as i used no hook. Boy did i get good at tying on a lobworm so that the fight went on some time.Around the lily pads they would go round and round ,one time i landed a koi,the line and lobworm had looped around its head,never did tell the old man. Years later i had a weird dream,sitting by dads back door casting floating crust onto the lawn ,the carp would come up under the grass,take the bread and run for the roses ,never got one of those out.

Back