• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

a new powerpro braid

Nonfill, based on rebay prices from USA and Poland (??) look similar to Flouro prices, about £25 for 300m.

Only available up to 12lb BS, at that diameter is too thin for barbel fishing IMHO

John, agreed except it may be useful for Float fishing

Only available up to 12lb BS, at that diameter is too thin for barbel fishing IMHO

If the abrasion resistance is better than braid it might make a good alternative as a mainline for those using braid.

Chris

Most braid users up the BS to get a decent diameter - its the "nick on snag" factor that concerns me for low diameter mianlines (whether mono, flouro, braid or this)

Chris Most braid users up the BS to get a decent diameter - its the "nick on snag" factor that concerns me for low diameter mianlines (whether mono, flouro, braid or this)

I know this, but one of the advantages of braid is the low diameter. I won't go has high as some, but even twenty pound braid is a lower diameter than most 10 and 12lb mono. The low diameter is precisely why I use braid. If I used the breaking strain of braid that matched the diameter of the mono I'd normally use, it would defeat the whole object of using braid.

If the abrasion resistance is better than braid it might make a good alternative as a mainline for those using braid.

As Chris said, I worry about the potential to damage fish with very strong fine diameter lines, I use power pro for spinning, but in 45lb to get a decent diameter.

Back