• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A big thanks to bfw & a happy new year

Bob Brookes

Hi all,
Just a brief 'thank you' to all of you who contribute to this site & to its owners. I don't submit too many posts, though I avidly read many of those that are posted.

There is a lot of good stuff on here & some that is not so good, although it is much better than it used to be. Lets just be aware that sometimes what is put in print does not always convey what we really mean. I know, I have done it myself in the past.

I have met some nice guys on this site, most of whom I have never actually met in person. I would like to give a particular thanks to John Walker, who helped me out with a spool I was looking for. Incidentally John, it was used in the capture of a 2.08 perch this week. The other person is the newly rejoined member, Jim Collins. He knows the reason why I have singled him out, thanks mate.

And finally a heartfelt Happy, Healthy New Year with possibly a few nice fish on the bank for all of us on BFW.

Bob

Back