• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

9/10ft rods

Robert Davies

Senior Member & Supporter
Hello lads I’m after a 9 or 10 ft rod for my barbel fishing,I currently use a pair of 12ft free spirits but prefere a shorter rod any suggestions cheers

You don’t have much choices, if money is not a problem,
9ft Harrison 2lb rod
10ft Harrison 1.75.

Otherwise, I can only think of Korum opportunist rods.

I have a 10ft nash scope rod in 2.25 test and it's ideal if you want a shorter rod.
I use the rod to trot for barbel and it works well for that application as well as static fishing.

I like the look of the fox TI explorer rod which can be fished at 8ft or 10ft also and may get one in future. Being able to fish the rod at the two lengths does appeal to me.

I have a 10ft nash scope rod in 2.25 test and it's ideal if you want a shorter rod.
I use the rod to trot for barbel and it works well for that application as well as static fishing.

I like the look of the fox TI explorer rod which can be fished at 8ft or 10ft also and may get one in future. Being able to fish the rod at the two lengths does appeal to me.
Scope are nice rods, I have a few 6ft ones that I use for stalking and tiny river trotting, but Nash discontinued all the lower tc models now…

I have 2 advanta 7ft river ambush rods which are awsome 1.75 tc, fished them high up on the tripod up the wye last week had 6 barbel to 8.5lb just find the 7 ft a bit to short

I have 2 advanta 7ft river ambush rods which are awsome 1.75 tc, fished them high up on the tripod up the wye last week had 6 barbel to 8.5lb just find the 7 ft a bit to short
Those river ambush rods are excellent, I use them on a small stream a lot, but definitely not my choice for the wye.

I’ve just had Mark Tunley build me a 10ft, 2.25lb tc using a Harrison blank.

Apparently Harrison make these blanks to order, they aren’t advertised much.

Back