• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

6000D/D-EU

John Care

Chaps - Considering treating myself, already sold on 6000D's, but what's the difference between the D and the DEU? It seems to me the EU version just has a smaller handle.

EU model handle far more palatable!

Q - on this type of reel; obvs your not casting miles but do you not get annoyed by the line twist these smaller diameter spooled baitrunner reels seem to attract?

EU model handle far more palatable!

Q - on this type of reel; obvs your not casting miles but do you not get annoyed by the line twist these smaller diameter spooled baitrunner reels seem to attract?
Ive not noticed it at all using the D’s with the large line rollers but I do get a bit with my SS tournament reel
I serviced it today actually and gave the line roller fresh oil between the bushes so maybe that will help.

To be fair its a lovely looking beast and prob a darn site longer living than my new Daiwas . . .just not a fan of dinky, tight spools - esp with bigger fish and line bedding in easily etc . .

. . Bigger than I thought then in fairness (never seen one in the flesh) - similar to an SS2600 then?

Back