• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

4000 oc or d ?

I have both and on paper the D is the ā€œbetterā€ reel.
in reality for coarse fishing youā€™ll never notice the upgrades between them so my vote goes for the oc simply because youā€™ll save yourself afew quid.
Thanks,mind you they both seem to be very thin on the ground at the moment!!

OC for me too. I was always a rear drag man, had xtea and gtc, both very good reels, but I think the OC's are great rugged reels at sensible prices. New spare spools are only Ā£12.50 which is real value.

D. But just out of interest, Have you considered Shimano DL 4000 baitrunner. Front drag, slightly spool and a double handle. If you're fishing smallish rivers it probably all the reel you ever need. Doesnt suffer the line round the back of the spool issues of the more pricey aero either.

D. But just out of interest, Have you considered Shimano DL 4000 baitrunner. Front drag, slightly spool and a double handle. If you're fishing smallish rivers it probably all the reel you ever need. Doesnt suffer the line round the back of the spool issues of the more pricey aero either.
I have a couple of oldish dl's and 2 x aeros, one of which is on my i power, may just use the other rather than shelling out on another reelšŸ¤”

I got some OCs after the feedback on here to start to replace 6000/8000GTES
Used them a lot earlier in the season, not catching but a lot of casting and cranking back heavy feeders over a good distance and great to use
The odd fish I had didn't really test the clutch but it felt delightful and precise. They'll get more use when we have a bit of water on and I use the heavier rods. Last one I got from Bobco was a bargain @Ā£85 but not sure if they sold out? Might be worth checking?

Used them a lot earlier in the season, not catching but a lot of casting and cranking back heavy feeders over a good distance and great to use
The odd fish I had didn't really test the clutch but it felt delightful and precise. They'll get more use when we have a bit of water on and I use the heavier rods. Last one I got from Bobco was a bargain @Ā£85 but not sure if they sold out? Might be worth checking?

Seem to be sold out at all the reputable places,will use the spare x aero i have for now šŸ‘
Just bought two oc 600's from Glasgow angling Centre, no shipping fees or tax, maybe a bit of sturgeon tax šŸ˜, Ā£110 each free delivery

Mine was bought from Austria and with no problems at all. The bail arm seems a bit reluctant to close in some positions though (probably needs more use that's all).

Mine was bought from Austria and with no problems at all. The bail arm seems a bit reluctant to close in some positions though (probably needs more use that's all).
Rob, had the same problem with new 4000 OC's. Work them a few dozen times and they will be ok.

Mark,
Total Fishing have three in stock at the moment.
Regards
Bill
Thanks
Mark,
Total Fishing have three in stock at the moment.
Regards
Bill
Thanks bill,will have a lookšŸ‘

Back