• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

3m landing net handle

Good advice, that, Bill. I've just very lightly oiled mine, to keep the locking mechanism functional. I rub it down with a cloth after every session (still talking about the net handle here!) but it was losing a bit of the twistlock functionality. It's good as new again.
I had a Gardner previously but found it too heavy. Since given to a friend, to make his barbel feel larger. 😂

I must admit I don't look after mine as I should with a wipe of a cloth if it starts slipping as good as it gets, it still performs admirably. I now have 2 as I thought I had lost 1 and subsequently bought another which is now on loan to a mate who had his gear nicked. When my old one did start playing up after god knows how many years and proper cleans I wrote to Drennan who subsequently sent 2 new bushes FOC within days. I'm in my 50's and I reckon unless I do lose it the 2 bushes it will likely last longer than me. I am not a huge Drennan fan but this is a great bit of kit.

Good advice, that, Bill. I've just very lightly oiled mine, to keep the locking mechanism functional. I rub it down with a cloth after every session (still talking about the net handle here!) but it was losing a bit of the twistlock functionality. It's good as new again.
I had a Gardner previously but found it too heavy. Since given to a friend, to make his barbel feel larger. 😂
you take better care of your landing net handle than you do of yourself...

Another vote for the tackle box one, though it also requires the occasional clean.

Back