• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

1st time on Trent a real eye opener

Jonathan Jones

well finally gave my local severn a miss" To give the Trent at Gunthorpe lock" a blast! went midweek as don't like to do a usain bolt to get a peg!
Only to find Bivy after Bivy and rods on pods like it was guy forks night :eek:
I did not really wont to walk 3 miles to get a swim as with my old mans friend who is pushing 75 years young! The other side in the woods had knowbody fishing and looked good just past wear! with no fishing opposite because of lock! So after driving around for 10 minutes we got to the other side and parked car" and walked down side of railings to pegs! NAA water I think!

was looking good for a few good barbel I thought with all the anglers other side and all the camotion of kids on holidays skimming flat stones across river and the odd fetch the stick game with the good old Labrador :(

well after fishing my head off and going through all the trix in my box! All I finished with was few chub upto a pound" and about 8 skimmers!

Not really a surprise after seeing the size and amount of the Spods going in like cannon balls by the crazy crew the other side" :D

So will I go back I thought on the way home!:rolleyes:

id love to catch my 1st Trent barbel in a more calm and quiet part of the Trent if you guys could point me in the right way :cool:

Another circus it's far far better than that. I'd take you but right on time. Sure someone on here can show u the real Trent?

Don't be put off Jonathan, there are other area's with less 'Carbellers' spodding kilos of bait in. The A1 pits length is worth a go and it's not always busy!

Back