• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

15ft Float Rod

I visited the roadshow at Clanfield FC last evening, just happened to be able to fit it in with a work run !!! Sod’s law the rod I wanted to view, 14ft #3 float rod was not available, but James very kindly arranged for one to be sent to my home and a full refund and collection would be organised if it doesn’t suit. From what I felt of the #2 i’m pretty confident that the #3 will do what I want. Never met him before or for that matter never heard of Cadence before this thread. James is a very amiable and helpful bloke and the the tackle looks well fit for purpose...I’ll keep you posted

I was there as well Bill but kept my wallet in my pocket. I did see you there but didn't know it was you. My mate bought a rod and reel and he was very happy with them and he's had top end daiwa for years. I think if there's any rod and reels I need in the future ill definitely look at cadence first. but there is the small matter of wearing out the 27 I already own.

I have a Daiwa River Float rod 15/17ft which handles lines up to 8lb. I bought it rather than a Drennan Acolyte Plus because it has a bit more backbone, although it's not as light - it's still light enough mind. This model is no longer available, but looking at the rod specs, the Daiwa Connoisseur look to be basically the same rod.

I was there as well Bill but kept my wallet in my pocket. I did see you there but didn't know it was you. My mate bought a rod and reel and he was very happy with them and he's had top end daiwa for years. I think if there's any rod and reels I need in the future ill definitely look at cadence first. but there is the small matter of wearing out the 27 I already own.
Oh bugger, it would have been nice to have been able to put a face to a name Jason. Sorry I couldn’t hang about, I had a two hour plus journey home to Kent.

There another chance to have a look coming up;

Cadence Fishing Open Evening Shipston on Stour

We're holding a Cadence Fishing Open Evening on Friday the 30th of November hosted by Shipston-on-Stour and District Angling Club. The evening will take place at The White Bear Inn from 7 pm till late.

James Robbins will be on hand to share his experience and expertise of fishing on rivers and will be available to answer any questions you may have. James will also have a selection Cadence Fishing tackle with him for you to view and purchase on the night. If there is anything specific you want to see, please drop us a line at support@cadencefishing.co.uk, so we make sure we bring it with us.

We'll be offering a mouth-watering 20% off our rods and reels for purchases on the evening, and we accept both cards and cash.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Open Evening Venue: The White Bear Inn, 4 High Street, Shipston-on-Stour, CV36 4AJ

In my local tackle shop yesterday and was encouraged to handle the 17' Acolyte.
F*** me. Astonishing.
The shop owner thinks its the best float rod he's ever handled, I couldn't disagree.
Really hope I don't find an excuse to buy one.

In my local tackle shop yesterday and was encouraged to handle the 17' Acolyte.
F*** me. Astonishing.
The shop owner thinks its the best float rod he's ever handled, I couldn't disagree.

I like long rods, I have a bit of a thing for 15'+. I've had the 17' Acolyte since the day they first appeared in the shops. For a 17' rod it is astounding. However, whilst it's the lightest and best balanced 17' rod I've ever laid hands on, it's a fair way from being the best float rod I've ever handled. For a start, the 13' and 15' Acolytes beat it hands down unless you need the extra length.

Thanks for that Chris, I've got a 13' plus compact and 113 quid rewards from my bank looking for a home. I must keep repeating to myself ''I don't need a 17' Acolyte, not even for the Ivel or the Itchen''

Back