• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

11ft 1.25lb quiver rod.

Neil Blood

Any recommendations on an 11ft 1.25lb TC quiver or Avon/quiver rod for small river Chubbing?

Ive used an original Drennan SS Duo 12ft 1.25lb for years, but want something a bit shorter. I’ve had a waggle of latest Drennan 11ft Duo 1.25lb, but it didn’t feel great in the hand. The rod will be fished mostly as a quiver rod.

Neil

when I came back into angling in 2017 after a very long lay off. I needed the same. I looked at quite a few, including the Drennan rods. In the end I bought a pair of John Wilson Avon Quiver Deluxe rods. over the last three winters I've used them to catch Hants Avon chub to 7.3 and Dorset Stour chub to 7.11, I'm really pleased with them and they are brilliant value at under £45!!! (see below)

Neil

when I came back into angling in 2017 after a very long lay off. I needed the same. I looked at quite a few, including the Drennan rods. In the end I bought a pair of John Wilson Avon Quiver Deluxe rods. over the last three winters I've used them to catch Hants Avon chub to 7.3 and Dorset Stour chub to 7.11, I'm really pleased with them and they are brilliant value at under £45!!! (see below)

I was looking at that rod yesterday online, but it’s discontinued.

If your pockets are deep enough I’d go down this route and get exactly as you want

Have a look at the Drennan Acolyte range.

I've already got an Acolyte Ultra 11ft feeder rod for Perch fishing (one of 3 Acolytes that I own), problem with the Acolytes is they are a bit delicate and all mine are carried in a hard tube!

There are very few rods, specifically aimed at what I'm looking for. It appears the only readily available rods are the Drennan Duo and Darent Valley options?

Neil

I have the 11 foot versions with quiver sections , use the Avon tops for roach or perch fishing , think I got mine for £65 new for 2 few years back .Fantastic rod

Back