• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

0800-807060 do you know this number ? you should

The above number is the EA reporting line, I would suggest its a good number to have in your mobile if you see anything that should be reported to them.

It's got to be worthwhile.

I do John, and have used it twice to report EE, fishing out of season. Dont know if it was worth the phone call though, now thats another question.

the more we report, the more likely that they will take things more seriously and start to act.
the EA are not mind readers, if they don't know, then they cannot act.

Nice one john.

How to report illegal fishing
Spotted something that doesn’t look right?
Help us to stop those damaging our sport.
If you see any fishing, netting or trapping you think is illegal, please don’t tackle it yourself.
Call us on 0800 807060 and tell us.
1) Exactly where the alleged offence is;
2) What’s happening;
3) How many people are involved and a description of them;
4) The registration numbers of any vehicles; And please leave a contact number so we can call you back.

Phoned them last winter to report some illegal fishing. When I got my bill it had cost me £1.25. It seems unjust that the phone company should make so much profit from us when we're only doing our duty.
I would be happier if it was charged as a normal call so as it comes of your free minutes not added as a extra on your bill.:mad:
So perhaps a normal landline number would be a help.

Last edited:
A few years back all the incidents, fisheries, pollution, flooddefence used to get handled at area/regional level with local knowledge. It is now a centralised-national call centre in Rotherham so I would have thought that it would be easier to make an ammendment. I looked on the 'say no to 08...' site earlier & there are no landline alternatives to this. One would have to lobby at a relatively high EA level for a change.

For info though, I have reported a few incidents in the last couple of years using my mobile. Politely explain to them that you are ringing from your mobile & ask them to give you a call back straight away. Every occaison they have immediately complied & so keeping the cost to a minimum.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Jon

Back